Funds from the Winter Games Legacy Fund were recently awarded to 7 local organizations:
- The Kimberley Curling Club received $1600 for coaching and equipment.
- The Seahorse Swim Club received $694 for equipment.
- The Junior Nordic Racers received $1600 for wases and coaching
- The Spriti Rock Climbing Team received $694 for equipment and coaching.
- The Kimberley Alpine Freestyle Team recived $1600 for equipment and coaching
- The EK Ice Avalanche Hockey Team received $695.96 for equipment.
- The East Kootenay Climbing Club received a special award of $500 given out by the KDCF at the Fall Fair in September.