On November 16, the KDCF gave out almost $20,000 to a variety of Kimberley charities. Money for the grants came from the interest earned on the Bill Motek Memorial Fund, KDCF Community/Memorial Fund, KSCU Community Fund and Theresa Cundiff Memorial Fund. Cheques were handed out at a wine and cheese celebration in the gallery at Centre 64 by a number of KDCF directors.
Grants were given to:
- Columbia Basin Environmental Education Network for Wild Voices for Kids programs. Amount – $2000
- MADD Kimberley Chapter for two school assemblies. Amount – $2000
- Spark Society for Youth for a cyber bullying safety program. Amount – $1,500
- Kimberley District Heritage Society for the Military Ames Veterans Memorial Park. Amount – $10,000
- Kimberley Arts Council for the North Star Quilters East Kootenay Quilting Conference. Amount – $1500
- Pines Memorial and Development Society for improvements for residents of the Pines Special Care Home. Amount – $3,488